Thursday, December 6, 2012

Track 1

"There is nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." -Ernest Hemingway

I began with the intent to "practice" if you will, to find my voice.  Where it will go from there is completely in the wind.  I never think that far ahead.

This post was really just an introduction and explanation.  The title, somewhat gruesome at first glance, should be clear by now.  For anyone who missed it:  I want to write.  Hemingway's quote encompasses the task.  But it must be done.  So, here I am.  I do hope you enjoy this journey, wherever it is we are bound to go, but we are now bound.  I am the writer and you the reader and even if this is the only piece of mine that you ever read in your entire life, or even if I never meet you in person, we are somehow entwined.  For whatever reason, you read this short post today and now your life is different - no matter if it's improved or has just been wasted.  "A man never steps in the same river twice.  For, it is not the same river and he is not the same man" and it is the little things like this that make him a different man.   It is no fault of mine if you do not like that new man.

-Y.M. Potter

5 comments:

  1. Great first post!! Love you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you talented, expressive, artistic and gutsy Potter kids! You and Anna truly inspire me! I LOVE the title of your blog! I will thoroughly enjoy journeying with you as you find your voice. I will from here on be known to you as Kublakid, but just so you know who this is -- I'm Aunt Grace. I probably don't need to tell you who I got the nickname from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brother!
    Sorry I just figured out how to comment...it wasn't letting me before...but anyway...
    Oh you have no idea how excited I am that we are now blogging buddies! You are forever my inspiration! If it wasn't for you, I would never have come to love music the way I do...not to mention, I would probably have a horrific taste in music if you weren't here to guide me;). Seriously, though, you are so talented, passionate, and amazing! Can't wait to here what pours out of that beautiful heart of yours!
    Love you always:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts, Will! I think its great that you and Anna both share a love for writing. Write on, young fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good stuff cousin. i'm journeying with you. keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete